Why Are you All Dressed Up?

1:57 PM



When you live in an area of the country where fashion is not on most peoples' priority list, you can get some funny looks when you dress nicely. People will ask

"Why are you all dressed up?"

"Who are you trying to impress?"

"How can you even walk in those shoes? It's not worth it."

They may make judgmental statements like

"She is so vain."

"She's so annoying and pretentious."

"She's just trying to flirt with every man she sees."

But I say this:

I'm dressed up because I enjoy fashion with all my heart.

I'm trying to impress myself, since I'm my own harshest critic.

It does sometimes hurt to walk in these shoes, but you get used to it the more you do it; and it's kind of a challenge. 

Yes I might be a little vain, but if you would take the time to get to know me, you'd see that I'm neither arrogant or pretentious...just rather exuberant (like a kid), and a bit too naïve for my own good.

I try to be kind to everyone I meet... whether male or female. And if being kind to males is interpreted as "flirting" by some insecure females, that won't stop me. I'm going to be kind anyway.

Don't let other peoples' apathy dampen your creativity. Don't let their gossip stifle your exuberance and sweetness. Dress up because you want to, and dress down when you want to. It's all about feeling happy and comfortable in your clothes. #overdressedandhappy

You Might Also Like

0 comments