4 Curious Places to Snag a Die-Worthy Dress

2:54 PM


Back in the early 2000s, my super-awkward, super-shy high school self didn't attend prom. It may have been for the best, since I can't even imagine the ghastly outfit I would have assembled with my teenage fashion tastes. (I have the photos to prove it but... ahahahaha oh I suddenly don't think I can find them.) O_O;

However, if I had the opportunity to go back in time, here is the advice my sage now-self would give to my befuddled younger self on looking simply smashing! Check out my secret sources for die-worthy dresses... not just for prom, but for any other spring special event!

Dillard's

I love the huge selection of evening dresses that Dillard's carries. I used to think there was only one "formal" section until I started finding other little bubbles of astonishingly gorge dresses in far corners of the store. And if you're there at the time those marvelous 65% racks appear... so much the better!



1. JS Collections Striped Illusion Cut-Out Mermaid Gown, $218.
2. Adrianna Papell Short-Sleeve Sequined Gown, $280.
3. Adrianna Papell Tulle Rosette Gown, $280.

eBay

If you have a particular dress in mind, try perusing eBay to see if you can get the exact dress at an insane discount! You won't believe the deals you can find on there... of course, if you are looking for a designer brand, study up to make sure what you're getting is authentic. Many of the dresses on there are "worn once", so be sure to add the cost of dry cleaning into your estimation. Here are three stunning dresses I found, currently available on eBay!



1. BCBG MaxAzria Strapless Dress Black Full Length Size Medium, $99.
2. Sleeveless embellished top Blush white gown, $225.
3. Tadashi Shoji Asymmetrical Ruched Gown, $98.99.

Online Shops

If you just want to straight shop online, here are my favorite sources for gorgeous (and shockingly un-bank-breaking) dresses! I mean like $20 dollar-zone. For real.


1. ASOS: Chi Chi London Premium Metallic Lace Midi Prom Dress with Cami Straps, $110.13.
2. GoJane:  Romantic Reveille Trumpet Dress, $20.98
3. Nordstrom Rack: ABS by Allen Schwartz Car Wash Slip Gown, $159.97.  [very old-time Bond Girl!]

Rent the Runway — Clothing Rental

My last secret weapon is clothing rental service Rent the Runway. You won't believe your eyes at the dazzling array of designer dresses you can rent. I love the idea of renting because you can choose something new for every occasion! Take a look at my faves!




1. nha khanh Taelyn Gown, $140 rental
2. Badgley Mischka Champagne Gown, $150 rental.
3. Slate & Willow Charcoal Hayley Halter Gown, $75 rental.

Hay! Don't forget the boys! Check out The Black Tux for an amazing selection of suits, tuxes, and all the accessories (cufflinks, ties, shoes, belts... Or browse entire outfits here!) Here's my current fave, The Newman!


All this dress-gawking is making me want to find a fancy event, ASAP. Have fun shopping for your event, whatever it may be!


You Might Also Like

0 comments